Re: [OM] Lens Fungus

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Fungus
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 01:16:44 -0300
Once they've grown inside and are visible, you may kill them with UV
light, X-Rays etc.

But their 'corpses' will remain there, visible. Maybe they won't grow
larger. But UV won't make them disappear.

Only cleaning will take away their 'corpses' - and some which are not.

When one of my Zuiko suffered from this disease (which is very common in
my country, since it's a very humid one - and cold during the winter
months) I gave it the best UV treatment I could. Its temperature raised,
and perhaps the grease of the focusing helicoid suffered.

OTOH, UV may prevent its appearance. Not always, at least here where
it's regularly humid.

Thinking as if they were growing on the outside (or the inside, they
find our lungs to be a good place) of a human body, and not on glass, UV
never heals - on the contrary, the lesion worsens.

Fernando.