Re: [OM] IMGs: Two OM-1n prints (50mm/24mm)

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Two OM-1n prints (50mm/24mm)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:09:30 +0200
Ah yes, I am a big fan (and user) of the Gimp (sort of have to, since
we only
run open source software / OS at the office).

I've never seen that plugin, what's it called? I've seen actions for
photoshop
do it though, but they rarely do it as - as you say - 'organically' as
the
real thing :-) Also, I actually hate this quest to simulate
traditional materials
and processes digitally, Digital does what it does best, but to try
and simulate
films and processes is no different to the fake, doesn-go-anywhere air
intake
on the bonnet ('hood' for you americans) of the latest generation MINI
Cooper S.

It's just sad...