Re: [OM] Three more prints (Zuiko 90mm f/2.0 Macro)

Subject: Re: [OM] Three more prints (Zuiko 90mm f/2.0 Macro)
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:59:39 +0200
Hello Dawid,

> "Grass glow"
> Grasses swishing in late-afternoon sun and coastal wind.
> http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/202/c/5/Grass_glow_by_philosomatographer.jpg
> (90/2.0 Macro at f/2.0, FP4+, 8x10in sepia-toned print on glossy RC
> paper)

this one is simply fantastic, I'ld really like to see it in print! It
is a very delicate image.

> "Delicate things come in threes"
> I decided to, for the moment, leave this on a cold steely colour,
> tempted as I am to tone it.
> http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/202/d/a/Delicate_things_come_in_threes_by_philosomatographer.jpg
> (90/2.0 Macro at ~f/11.0 [cant remember], FP4+, 8x10in print on glossy
> RC paper)

This is a classic as well. The beach image is a bit to busy for my
taste , maybe because of the harsh lighting?

> Any comments / criticism appreciated. I often feel, it's as if the
> 90/2.0 Macro has the ability
> to draw objects as if they are lit from the inside. This is such a
> wonderful lens, and I am fortunate
> to have found one.

You are! The last, heavy series of OM lenses have this quality of
"lighting things from the inside".
The 90 shares it with the 50f2, 100f2 and 35-80.

Iwert