Re: [OM] ( OM ) nearly, or not quite

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) nearly, or not quite
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 08:59:06 -0400
1) Press the menu button
2) Select camera settings icon #1 (on the top)
3) Scroll down to the incomprehensible "record mode" icon
    (between "Gradation" and "WB")
4) Select record mode
5) Once there select any symbol with "L" in it for 3648 x2736.
    Whether you see "L" combined with "SF", "F", "N" or "B"
    appears to depend on which 4 of 12 size/quality combinations
    have been selected in the custom shooting menu #1 setup

You can verify your selection by stepping through the info button's
seven displays.  The third screen shows image size and compression
(unfortunately, it shows numeric compression ratio and not the SF, F, N
or B designations in the menu.  1/2.7 is the highest quality (SF)
followed by 1/4 (F), 1/8 (N) and 1/12 (B)

ps:  I think it has taken me about 1/2 hour to figure out that the only
combinations that actually show in the normal menu are those that have
been "registered" in a customization process.  Oly could use a lesson
from Canyon on this one.

If you've got the bandwidth (17.4MB) you can get the manual here
<http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_support_manuals.asp?id=1323>

Chuck Norcutt