Re: [OM] sunset this evening

Subject: Re: [OM] sunset this evening
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:02:19 -0400
My first digital was the Minolta A1.  At first all I had was the Minolta
software but I soon graduated to an easier to use free package
specifically for Minolta whose name I can't recall but I think the
author is Czec.  Then I discovered Capture One and was willing to spend
real money on it.  But within a year I discovered Adobe Camera Raw in
PhotoShop CS3.  It is so easy and intuitive to use (well, at least after
reading "Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS3" by Bruce Fraser
and Jeff Schewe which explains the rationale of how ACR is laid out and
why)  I sometimes even run JPEGs and TIFFs through it which it quite
happy to do if you allow it.  I haven't upgraded to CS4 so I don't know
what raw processing improvements might be there.

Chuck Norcutt