[OM] Back from Kentucky

Subject: [OM] Back from Kentucky
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:27:44 -0500
Recovering from a great service trip to Clay county, Kentucky, where I
worked with a crew to do some home repair in a rural area for a family
of six, crammed into a structure about the size of my wife's and my
first apartment when we were graduate students.  Some photos are here
(taken with C-8080):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2014291&id=1261510733&l=ae3cd3cb9f

I had very little time to shoot, much to my regret, but that wasn't
the purpose of the trip.  That part of Kentucky is very beautiful to
my eyes, though poor as hell.  I can see why people don't leave it
despite such a hardscrabble existence.  It was considered bad form to
shoot before and after types of photos, so you can only get an
impression of the structure from the background of the images.

Meanwhile, the first of my Kodachrome rolls came back from Dwayne's.
I had a recovery day yesterday after the trip and spent a lot of it
scanning.

Joel W.