Re: [OM] FL-50R flash with Olympus E-P1

Subject: Re: [OM] FL-50R flash with Olympus E-P1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:23:18 -0400
The E-P1 (along with the E3) only list the "R" version (FL-50R) as
compatible with the camera.  Of course, since the FL-50 has been long
discontinued, that may only mean that what's mentioned as compatible is
what they still sell.  But, AFAIK, the R version difference is only the
addition of remote support.  I don't know of any other camera interface
difference that should make the FL-50 not work on the E-P1.  On the
other hand, who knows what gremlins (deliberate or otherwise) lurk in
the firmware of these devices.  On the other hand, all EX series Canon
Speedlights will work on any Canon digital or film autofocus SLR body as
well as higher end point & shoots. Just dig out your T-32 and shoot it
in auto mode.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt