Re: [OM] The Kodachrome Project

Subject: Re: [OM] The Kodachrome Project
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:51:34 -0500
For me to produce the kind of result you desire, I have to clip into
the foot of the image quite a ways (not just into the toe but into the
rise).  I have better success pulling the whole curve down a little or
else just the lower half.

But Kodachrome 25 is characteristically lower in contrast than KR64.
Something of what you are seeing may be just a characteristic of the
film.

I looked at color balance issues again, comparing my CRT with my
laptop.  The color looks pretty good on the CRT, a little worse on the
LCD.  The CRT is calibrated, so I will just stick with that, since I
have no idea what other people are really seeing.

Joel W.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:03 PM, C.H.Ling<ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I usually use level to remove/reduce "excessive space" on both side of the
> histogram but avoid cut off the ends. If I found the color need balance I
> will use curve tool, it is more flexible. Color adjustment for scanned image
> is difficult especially with people as subject. Honestly say, I just learnt
> some additional ones after scanned and adjusted for more than 10K
> slides/negative recently but I will not redo them even I found some will
> benefit from the technique as they already delivered and accepted by the
> customer :-).
>

> C.H.Ling

//lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/listinfo/olympus