Re: [OM] [OT] PC audio

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] PC audio
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:40:05 -0700
On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 23:04 +0200, Jez Cunningham wrote:
> Yup, I also have Realtek but I suspect a different driver - no config
> options like he showed.
> But if you look to the picture (url) I included, it clearly thinks I've got
> my speakers (correctly) in a Line Output.
> So the hunt for a solution continues (quietly)
> thanks all,
> jez

>From the picture, Jez, it appears that it thinks you've got the speakers
plugged into Realtek HD Audio Output line out. Try the green jack,
middle-right, assuming you've got the run-of-the-mill analog speakers.
That's the jack which should be analog line out for plain ol' analog
stereo and will likely work. HD jacks are usually for fancy 5.1 or 7.1
speaker systems. The green color is the (mostly) standard indicator for
the analog stereo output jack.

---
Scott Gomez