Re: [OM] In Memory ...

Subject: Re: [OM] In Memory ...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:22:28 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Is this it?
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/566713-REG/Velbon_QRA_3B_QRA_3B_Quick_Release_Adapter.html

Yup, that's it. Back in April, I posted the above link and the following:
"It has some clear advantages over the Cullmanns:

- The attachment mechanism has a little pop-up stud, ala Manfrotto, that
holds the locking lever open when the plate is removed and releases it
when a plate is inserted. Thus it has quicker, easier operation. One
handed use is pretty easy and safe with the Velbon and impossible with
the Cullmann.

- The rectangular plate is shallower front to back, so it doesn't
protrude from the back of the camera.

- The metal parts seem to have less flex, although the Cullmann isn't at
all bad.

- The QR recceiver adapter for other heads is MUCH smaller than the
Cullmann.

- They sell heads with built-in QR plate receivers, which saves bulk and
weight.

The one disadvantage I notice is that they don't have an anti rotation
model QR plate.

The result of buying and trying one QRA-3, is that I now have two silver
and one black one floating around on various tripods.

And for the TrekPod GO, the QHD-41Q ball head with QR receiver is the
perfect match for me.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=0&shs=velbon+qhd-41q&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=jsp%2Fworkaround.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=submit>

The ball head is quite solid enough for my needs and the QR plate has
never,ever come close to dropping my cameras. It's really what they
should be selling with their pod, not the overly clever and
underachieving thing of their own design."