[OM] FL-50R flash with Olympus E-P1

Subject: [OM] FL-50R flash with Olympus E-P1
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:22:44 -0400
Have seen some nice results with unusal nice alternative glass with the
EP-1 on FM.   Not much choice to have a small kit and short
registration distance.  I applaude the  innovation and form factor but
a bit pricey to have AF problems.  Come to think of it a firmware fix
for the AF use on FL flashes may not be possible--IR  and CD AF don't
play together AFAIK.  Others like the reviewer have trouble with MF on
the LCD due to noise.  As you point out that reviewer wasn't really on
the money for many things but he mentioned the lack of AF assist lamp
on the cam and lack of ability to use the AF lamp on the FL flashes
which is why I included the link.  I really wanted this one to be a
home run.  I bet the next iteration will be close.  Will be looking for
another horse cam next Feb.
Moose pointed out the Ricoh but having a small DSLR and ability to
change clothes for other uses would be preferable.  We'll see.
Mike

If he really understood what's going on he'd be depressed over
the performance of the E=P1.  I know I am.  I think it's time for Oly
meet the Pen anniversary date has resulted in a camera that's not yet
ready for prime time.

Chuck Norcutt