Re: [OM] FL-50R flash with Olympus E-P1

Subject: Re: [OM] FL-50R flash with Olympus E-P1
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:03:26 +0200
Hmmmm,

Chuck, with all my respects, I don´t agree with you with your comments
on EP-1 camera. It´s the first time I feel really excited with a new
fourthirds camera. These weeks I have been reading everything related to
this camera and it´s a huge advance for the fourthirds standard. TruePIC
V engine is simply awesome. Image stabilization is also a state of art
gadget, it really works! Color and specially portrait mode really
works!!! Skin rendition is perfect! AF works. Why do you need so fast
focusing? Olympus phylosophy is accurate focusing and then fast seek not
the other way round. This camera obviosuly isn´t focused to high speed
scenes! e-Portrait mode wow!!! I am feed up with skin retouching, I have
got lots of books related to this issue and results are pretty
impressive. Opticks. Ok, 17/2,8 lens is disgusting. Very small, lovely
but tons of chromatic aberration. 14-42 very sharp but toooooo slow!!!!
Nice lens but I think if Olympus had launched the forthcoming 25/2 or
25/1.8 it would be a terribly expensive camera.
Hey you must recognize this camera is a huge step forward. For me the
only drawback is dynamic range, the lack of viewfinder and what I have
previously mentioned; FL-50 assist lamp doesn´t work with EP-1. You can
find this issue in many web pages. This camera is, wow, I love it!!!
It´s amazing. You can grab stunning images with this toy.
I feel (for first time) very encouraged with the fourthirds future. What
can I say? OM legacy is still alive.

Dave