Re: [OM] OT New possibilities for street shooters.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT New possibilities for street shooters.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:40:18 -0700

usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> ... Moose pointed out the Ricoh but having a small DSLR and ability to change
> clothes for other uses would be preferable.

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I have no interest whatsoever in the
Ricoh. I merely reported it as a matter that might be of interest to others.

Chris, there is a group of photographers who are so desperate for a
small camera with fast, WA prime lens that they will pay prices that are
apparently out of the normal for cameras saddled with serious
limitations. I suspect some of them also REALLY want something that's
not from the mainstream makers.

The irony is that one of the common goals is for street shooting and
none of these cameras is of any use for that. In any case, the Sigma
DP-1 is even more expensive, as is the E-P1 with pancake lens.

Moose