Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 review on DPR

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 review on DPR
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:59:29 -0500
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Moose<olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Height of ongoing stupidity to my thinking is to concinue to operate the
> dust shaker upon turning the camera on. When turned off and on-demand
> would make so much more sense in practical use.
>
> "The traditional Olympus anti-dust sequence at startup also detracts
> from the sense of responsiveness, slowing the startup time to two
> seconds. This isn't a long time to wait in general terms but is enough
> to stop you ripping the camera from your pocket if something unexpected
> happens - you know the camera won't be ready in time."

I would like the option of cleaning at startup or shutdown -- my
option.  But having owned now three Oly DSLRs with this feature, the
objection is totally theoretical in nature and casts doubts on most
other observations because it merely builds upon the cobwebs of some
reviewer's brain, as evidenced in the language:  "detracts from the
sense of ..."    I have never missed a shot I wanted because of this
feature.  Never.  Non-issue.

Joel W.