Re: [OM] [OT] PC audio

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] PC audio
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:01:22 -0700
On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 06:59 -0400, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> And now I know I have simplistic audio.  I can't make such an error
> since I only have green speaker jacks.  :-)  Obviously, the other colors
> must signify sub-woofer, front, back, etc. but I have no idea which is
> which.  My only surround sound capable amplifier is about twelve years
> old and I don't think its jacks have such a color code.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

The simplest ones seem to have only pale green (analog stereo audio
out), pale blue (analog line in) and pale pink (mic in). I believe the
color choice to have been a horrible design error, as men with various
forms of color-blindness (and those with normal color vision working in
low light) see almost the identical shade of gray for all jacks.

---
Scott