Re: [OM] New member says "hi"

Subject: Re: [OM] New member says "hi"
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 13:33:46 -0400
> Welcome George! What part of Ohio are you in? If you like Macro, Olympus's
> macro lenses and system are the best, not just because of their
> simplicity.
> Olympus was originally a maker of microscopes before they made cameras.

Thanks Chris! I am near Cleveland Ohio....

Yes, I agree... But both Minolta and Nikon make good macro lenses and
accessories and both companies make microscopes and related optical
equipment.  Also, both Nikon and Minolta have more sophisticated bellows
with shift and tilt control, while Olympus does not.  (I saw a picture of a
prototype somewhere with these features but it was never produced).  Still,
I don't mind having simple bellows like the Olympus.  The Pentax 50mm f3.5
macro lens was a disappointment (compared to Minolta/Nikon).  photographing
a flat object (my computer screen) resulted in unacceptable distortion.

George