Re: [OM] Question OM1 remote release

Subject: Re: [OM] Question OM1 remote release
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 13:55:56 -0400
The OM-1 has a mechanical linkage in the bottom of the camera that connects
to a mechanical pin on the winder. When you push the winder's shutter
release, the pin on the winder moves, tripping the OM-1's shutter. All the
OM cameras use the same winders and the same mechanical linkages...another
great thing about OM. Most manufacturers had a different winder or drive for
each camera model, but all of olympus's winders/motors work on all bodies!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography