[OM] New member says "hi"

Subject: [OM] New member says "hi"
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 19:15:39 -0400
Hi George.

The T-S Oly bellows never was produced but prototypes did exist.  I am
still searching for the secret stash. I am told by more knowledgeable
list members that they are in Wyoming.  ;-)  See the image at the end
of the link.  The Zuiko bellows lenses do have
a very large image circle at least in part as they were likely to be
used on this bellows. There are a few Hama/Spiratone T-S bellows which
came with OM adapters floating around---very rare and now very $$$$.
They look well made and are very adjustable.  A compact T-S solution
for OM does exist as Mirex can make one of their very compact adapters
in OM mount.  I am told I have the first and only, though they have
said they will make more on request.  You have infinity focus with
Mamiya lenses, though I have a custom adapter to use my Zuiko macro
lenses.
There is no digital solution for diffraction with stopping down to get
more DOF, and tilting with the Mirex adapter is really a quite cool
solution on OM.

If you want more movement, one can attach a Mamiya T-S bellows to the
Mirex and mount the Zuiko on the bellows.  I don't have one yet but
have been watching a few on yabe.  If you really get the T-S bug for
OM, let me know on or off list and I will send you the info.

I didn't see the autotube or Z 135 macro on your list.  Worth checking
out.

Mike

http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/macrophotogroup.htm

Also, both Nikon and Minolta have more sophisticated bellows
with shift and tilt control, while Olympus does not.  (I saw a picture
of a
prototype somewhere with these features but it was never produced).
Still,
I don't mind having simple bellows like the Olympus.  The Pentax 50mm
f3.5
macro lens was a disappointment (compared to Minolta/Nikon).
photographing
a flat object (my computer screen) resulted in unacceptable distortion.

George