Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)

Subject: Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:17:31 -0400
>I didn't know there were enough interesting things in Orlando to shoot
> 32 rolls of slide film...(yes, I lived in Florida for 6 years and have
> suffered many trips to Orlando during that time).

Well, 2 things:

1) I am a stereo photographer. One of my stereo cameras takes 18 stereo
pairs (per 36 exp roll), the other (my favorite) takes only 15 pairs.  So,
in terms of number of pictures, my 32 rolls correspond to something like 14
rolls of regular 2D pictures.

2) It was my first trip to Orlando and I certainly found many things to
photograph in stereo.  2/3 of my pictures were taken at the Disney and
Universal parks.  I am sure I have many award-winning photos in these rolls
(I am starting mounting).  I am active in two stereo clubs that have
competition assignments.  Some assignments that come in mind for which I
found plenty of material in Orlando:

- "People in Costume": Plenty of Disney characters
- "Hyperstereo": Many opportunities, starting from the airplane
- "Motion": Rides, etc
- "Big": Many large items to photograph

George