Re: [OM] Free to a Good Home

Subject: Re: [OM] Free to a Good Home
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 00:09:26 +0200
Hi Clay,

Well, I am not sure if you want replies off-list, or not, but here
goes, why I would like to be the recipient of your
equipment. First of all, I think I am one of the few (i.e. can count
on one hand) number of list members using exclusively
film equipment.

As of this stage, I have zero (nada, zip) cameras with a built-in
meter, I never replace the batteries of my OM-1's meter,
because it forces me to work in the same all-manual way as with e.g.
the Mamiya RB67.

Now, my problem is this: I love Macro, and it's most of the time very
difficult to calculate exposure for high-magnification
work. Were I to be the kind recipient of said OM-2, it would be the
most modern camera I own, and would be of great use in the Macro
(all black and white film, of course, hand printed in the dark room).

The same goes for a flash unit like the T32 - I don't own any flash
unit, and would love to get some experience with Flash photography.
Last of all, being down here in South Africa, you can be assured that
if I ever tire of it, there would be no shortage of a needy
soul to pass it along to.

anyway, I had to take a shot at it!

kind regards,
Dawid