Re: [OM] What worked, what didn't

Subject: Re: [OM] What worked, what didn't
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:24:39 +0100
2009/8/4 DrT (George Themelis) <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>:
> Wow Ken!  You carry a lot of stuff!  Thanks for the interesting posting.
>
> Just to give you the "stereo photographer's perspective" I have to have
> everything twice... Two 100mm lenses, two 200mm lenses, two 300mm lenses,
> etc.  Plus a minimum of two very similar/identical bodies, plus a special
> bar to carry two cameras and lenses, spliced cable releases, etc., etc.
> Deciding what to carry in trips is always a big issue, especially if I am
> flying.

Have you tried the electrically linked winder-2s method?  It worked
quite well for me.  I could even get flash sync at 1/30s with only one
flashgun.

http://iansstereophotography.fotopic.net/

has some examples - Everything from Blaise Castle Estate to Llangynog
except Flamborough Head were taken with a pair of 2SPs linked that
way.  Needs red/cyan or red/green glasses.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer