Re: [OM] ( OM ) Digital landscapes - example

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Digital landscapes - example
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:41:36 -0500
We must, of course separate the photographer, subject and location from the
technology.  I'm sure that I could make a decent body of work in an exotic
location in exotic light with what I have too.  But the fact is, I'm not
anywhere near as good as JPC in any way photographically. I'm just a
half-talented hack.  My only real contribution to the photographic arts is
being able to engineer weird unneeded solutions to non-existent problems.

I don't understand the negative tone of this thread. This really isn't about
technology, but about the perception of manipulation.  Once my film is
processed, either I manipulate the image in the darkroom or in the
computer--no different than a digital-camera image.

But for argument sake, I'd be the best photographer in the world if it
wasn't for the inferior digital sensors and small-format film I use.

AG