Re: [OM] Pictures from "Hapje Tapje" in Leuven yesterday

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures from "Hapje Tapje" in Leuven yesterday
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 12:16:52 +0200
I think the trees should not be tall. They'd better not to prevent
using the same as another escape instrument...
But a lot of smaller - and cheaper - trees, just wide and tall enough
to prevent a helicopter from landing or lowering a clibing device
might be a very good idea.

BTW, there are some jokes and funny stories running here in Holland
about the situation.

In one of them it is said that probably the Belgian authorities see
the escapes as a good instrument to decrease the number of (mostly
foreign) prisoners in the overcrowded jails. Cell shortage, and so on.

Another one refers to the fact that a few months ago The Netherlands
offered Belgium to house inmates in our prisons, of which we have too
many, some being unused. But 'now the Belgians have demanded to let
the inmates be guarded by their own Belgian prison personnel' which is
'of course asking for trouble'.

Many jokes will follow, I expect.

Frank.