Re: [OM] 3D (What worked, what didn't)

Subject: Re: [OM] 3D (What worked, what didn't)
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 16:37:22 +0200
I have once tried to make a stereo with a very special lens, intended
for looking into throats, knees, bellies, etcetera. A fiber light
source can be attached. It is an Olympus endoscope (aka borescope) of
the rigid type; flexible endoscopes don't give enough image quality to
work with.

With an adapter it can be mounted to OM and E-series cameras. It has a
very wide angle, and because of its small size (2 or 3 mm across) it
can be used perfectly to make pictures of the interior of doll's
houses, the inside of flowers, etcetera.

But I have never succeeded to make a good stereo picture with it,
probably because the amount of shifting needed between pictures is too
small...

Frank.