Re: [OM] 3D (What worked, what didn't)

Subject: Re: [OM] 3D (What worked, what didn't)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:42:21 +0200
It seems possible (though it doesn't make sense to me) that a shift
lens indeed works,
but I think only for very close-up subjects.

Here's an example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/turbguy/2332656395/sizes/l/

(Why I say it doesn't make sense, I thought the very basis of stereo
is to have two
physically different points of view, e.g. like our eyes are separated.
With a shift lens,
the camera is stationary, so the point of view is the same, is it not?
(i.e. the location of
the film plane does not change when shifting the lens)