Re: [OM] Question OM1 remote release

Subject: Re: [OM] Question OM1 remote release
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:35:08 -0400
> IMHO the main advantages of the OM-1 (or the -2, I'd say)
> in astrophotography (yes, I'm in it, too) are:
>
> *LIGHTWEIGHT -- makes tracking MUCH easier!
> *Great selection of specialized focusing screens. The Nik*n F and F2 have
> an
> even larger range, but they're much
> heavier. Same for the F3, whose mechanical shutter is rather cumbersome to
> use.

Exactly!  The "professional" Nikon camera are so darn heavy (and expensive!)
The later lightweight Nikon cameras (for the "amateur photography" market)
do not have interchangeable focusing screens or provision for mirror lift.

This is what attracted me to the Olympus OM1, etc.  Lighweight and
professional features.  I love small & precise things.  So, I made the
switch... and here I am :)

BTW, this is a terrific group. I belong to the other camera-specific groups
and this is by far the BEST!

George