Re: [OM] 3D (What worked, what didn't)

Subject: Re: [OM] 3D (What worked, what didn't)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 08:38:22 +0200
Oh, so *that's why* my Stereo Realist 2.8 has these two lens thingies
on the front of it!

(just kidding)

Still, I must disagree that only the lens sets the point of view, it
must be the
lens + capture medium, right? Otherwise, ow is it that I can move the
lens (by swinging
the camera left-right) but, if I do so around the nodal axis of the
lens, my point of
view stays the same?

I believe there must be some fundamental difference between shifting
just the lens, or
shifting the camera + lens, I just don't know what that difference
really is. If you draw a diagram
of both scenarios, looking at the field of view of the lenses, it's
two different pairs of images that
is captured, no?