Re: [OM] This looks like a deal - 300mm & 100mm Zuiko glass at $299

Subject: Re: [OM] This looks like a deal - 300mm & 100mm Zuiko glass at $299
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:30:56 -0500

> Well, that item is remarkably resistant to wear, except the back plate.
> I've heavily used this item, before the advent of digital it was my
> most used one, and still for film... and it still looks mighty fine. The
> previous
> owner was a working pro and didn't nanny the camera either. It has one
> of the most durable (and beautiful) finishes I've ever seen!

For some odd reason, the film door wasn't fitting right and not latching, so
I swapped it with the one from the OM-2S.  Now the OM-2S looks a lot newer,
but the 3Ti looks BGN if you see it from the back.

The finish of the 3Ti doesn't just look different, but it feels different
too.  I'm not sure about the durability, but it definitely is better than
the black-on-brass of most OMs.

AG