Re: [OM] This looks like a deal - 300mm & 100mm Zuiko glass at $299

Subject: Re: [OM] This looks like a deal - 300mm & 100mm Zuiko glass at $299
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 14:34:45 -0500

> The OM-3 is nice but seems to be VERY rare. And though its cheaper than the
> 3Ti, the 3 is still more than a good 4Ti. Since I never use autoexposure, a
> 3 or 3Ti would seem perfect for me but the cost is a solid wall to me that
> can't climb.

As for many of us.  We just registered the girls for school this week.  Less
expensive this year than last, but still enough to have bought something
substantial.  And this is a PUBLIC school.  :O  By the time you buy books,
rent instruments and buy supplies, an OM-3 would seem like chump change.
But at least it's less expensive than private school.

In looking back at our spending on the trip, we blew the budget by about
$500, but still spent a fraction of what most families of four spend
visiting Orlando.  Our typical non-hotel night was $14 and our food budget
was actually less than our normal at-home rate--except for the disappointing
dinner we bought in Salida.  (Avoid the family Mexican restaurant on Hwy
50).  The Mexican dinner we had in Alamosa was OUTSTANDING, though.

Anyway, I digress.

AG