Re: [OM] R.I.P. - 200EG

Subject: Re: [OM] R.I.P. - 200EG
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 21:00:56 -0500

> I must have the new and improved model.  I just tried deliberately
> loosening the straps by pulling the buckle up as you described and it
> didn't give a mm.  Mine has toothed buckles.

Put the camera bag on just one shoulder (not using both straps, and nudge
the buckle up. The teeth in the buckle are designed to release their grip on
the strap so you can adjust it easily, but in this exact situation, the
entire weight of the bag is being held by the teeth of the one buckle and
the strap will zip through post-haste.  However, the buckle design of the
200EG is better than the average cheep backpack so it is less likely to
release the entire strap at once.

The key thing is that if the strap end is not folded over and sewn it is
free to slip out of the buckle.

AG