[OM] Paging Dr. Stereo

Subject: [OM] Paging Dr. Stereo
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 18:58:05 -0400
1.  Wonder what your take on this jobber is:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0907/09072206fujifilmw1.asp#press

2. With all this stero talk, I've been thinking my Mirex Tilt-shift
adapter for OM might be perfect for a try of macro
stereo.  I can tilt the plane of focus some as desired and then shift
precisely to get a second image. It may be easier said then done
at higher mags.  I suspect there are some nice precise formulas to
figure out how much to shift.
Perhaps  a table by focal length and magnification rather than distance
to subject would be easiest.  I can't use the lens markings  directly
due to the extra extension of the adapter.  I think shifting the red
channel over after scanning might be easiest to start, but this is a
new world.
I have visions of 3d jumping spiders, but high mag might not be the
place to start.

Stereo Newbie,
Mike