Re: [OM] Paging Dr. Stereo

Subject: Re: [OM] Paging Dr. Stereo
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 22:57:16 -0400
> So, how does the 8" viewer work?

I believe it is a so-called "autostereoscopic display".  You can see stereo
without glasses.  Like "lenticular postcards", prints made from the
Nimslo/Nishika (and other) stereo cameras (with 3 or 4 lenses), or some
laptop 3D displays.

I have not seen yet.  It might be OK as a starting point for the general
public, but the depth is limited and dependent on the distance and
orientation of your head with respect to the "viewer"/screen/print.

The stereo viewing experience is best if each image is sent to the
corresponding eye using lenses, or polarizing glasses, or a similar method
that complete separates the right and left images.  It is possible to
extract the two images from this camera so people can use other viewing
methods.

George