Re: [OM] 35mm lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm lens?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 07:57:06 -0400
Yes, at least in my case, looking for green reflections as indicative of
multicoating.  As I recall, this was judged by some to be unreliable.
But, for my own experience with my own Zuikos, I've never seen an
x.Zuiko that reflects anything green (blues, reds and yellows only) and
any lens I have that says "MC" or has a serial number newer than the
"MC" marking period all reflect green.  But I have multicoated Kirons
that don't reflect green.

I suspect great caution is required here since it was reported back then
that Olympus first started multicoating selected elements long before
all elements were multicoated and supposedly before "MC" became an
important marketing factor and placed prominently on the lens.  It is
probably much more important to multicoat certain interior elements to
control interior reflections than it is to multicoat the front side of
the front element which would only make a miniscule improvement in light
transmission.

Chuck Norcutt