Re: [OM] Step-up ring Zuiko 18mm lens OM System

Subject: Re: [OM] Step-up ring Zuiko 18mm lens OM System
From: Frank Wijsmuller <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 14:14:31 +0200
Olympus made a prototype design with a fixed 72mm filter ring, as can be
seen in this picture (bottom right):

<
http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/lensgroup/images/lens_group_photo2.jpg

So I would be surprised if the compact production version was due to the
Maitani vision, why else bothering with the (expensive?) prototype? But of
course it could be they made the prototype without consulting Maitani,
confronting him with the prototype to see it veto-ed. He probably could have
done that if you read the XA story ;-)

Regards, Frank

2009/8/9 Moose