Re: [OM] ( OM ) Digital landscapes - example

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Digital landscapes - example
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 23:04:17 +0200
Hi C.H. and all,

From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Not only Olympus, looking at the MTF of many wide lenses, they fall to
>'earth' at the corner.

It's logical, most aberrations depend on the incidence angle.

I've seen the MTF curves of the Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8 -- definitely not the
best lens in their excellent lineup. It achieved superb values at the
centre, but started decaying quickly, not just until the extreme corners. By
f/5.6 thing improved, but at the widest apertures, the much cheaper Yashica
ML 28/2.8 (same mount) _is_ (I owned and tested both) a much better
performer.

>BTW, the 24/2 at F4 performs better than a late
>design 17-40L (at 24/F4) even on the edges.

Yeeeeeesssss..... I hope the mounted slides will hide the nasty things of it
;^)

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)