Re: [OM] First sampling of pictures from Colorado

Subject: Re: [OM] First sampling of pictures from Colorado
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:46:32 -0500

> Nice, wish I was there.  Texas looks different.  Did you get  another photo
> of our favorite abandoned house?  Bill Barber

Oh, yes!!!!

The house to the west a half mile or so is now also abandoned, which made
for two shooting opportunities.  I worked the scene on B&W quite extensively
and got some fresh, new shots to print.

Moose, the clouds on #3 are pretty close on a reasonably calibrated
monitor.  But I just saw on my work computer how "loud" the image is.  Your
correction of #3 made it look on my work monitor how it looks on my editing
computer.  It is a little louder than the slide, but not by much.
Regardless, "loud" sells.

The crop of #2 is a little awkward--I'm not totally satisfied with it.
Frankly, I'll probably end up going back to the full-frame version.

The combination of sky from #2 on #1 is cute, but has that "digital world"
look to it where the photos have too many notes playing at once.

MY opinion only, of course.  I (not you) feel that God (greater being of
your choice) does a pretty fine job of orchestrating (allowing to evolve)
our (mine, not yours) photographic scenes if I (not you) choose to look for
them.

:)

AG (not Moose) Schnozz