Re: [OM] Question: Mirror and aperture pre-fire?

Subject: Re: [OM] Question: Mirror and aperture pre-fire?
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:28:59 -0400
> If you shoot from a tripod in the range of 1/60 to 1/2 second you'll
> want a body with mirror and aperture pre-fire.  As identified by Moose's
> last message they are the OM-2Sp,  OM-4 series, OMPC and OM2000 bodies.

Also, the OM-10.  I checked it last night.

Thinking about it a bit further, M&A Prefire is very restrictive.  For a 2d
photographer it practically excludes action and wildlife photography, two of
the main reasons to use telephoto lenses.  Mainly static subjects can be
photographed with this technique.

For a 3d photographer like myself, camera synchronization and prefiring are
NOT compatible.  You cannot prefire two cameras and expect them to fire
together.

That leaves only one area for me:  Using one camera and a slide bar to
photograph static subjects.

I guess I have to live with the vibrations....

George