[OM] Question: Mirror and aperture pre-fire?

Subject: [OM] Question: Mirror and aperture pre-fire?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:37:09 -0400
Well, as mentioned the bean bag trick works well.  The Walt variation
with  bean bag filled with shot may be optimal.
Have done small controlled experiment using MLU/APF vs bean bag.  MLU
on timer can be a pain with macro as the wind KNOWS just when to pick
up.  In a couple of paired shots on big Foot at 1:1--(prone to
vibration with no tripod mount at 1:1 and taken at vulnerable shutter
speed--approx 1/15); could not tell them apart.   There are also
telephoto support gizmos--Bogen has one I believe that are supposed to
work OK.  Bean bag is cheap and easy, if you need to use something at
the shutter speeds mentioned.

Mike

That leaves only one area for me:  Using one camera and a slide bar to
photograph static subjects.

I guess I have to live with the vibrations....

George