Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists

Subject: Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists
From: khen lim <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 01:30:08 +0800
Bill
Why do you say that the pivoting feature is a pain and with little
advantage? When I work on my 14.1" ThinkPad screen, a portrait-format image
becomes too small and I lose a lot of unused real estate to the left and
right. So what I do here is that rotate the image so that it's sleeping on
its longer side. Then I tilt my ThinkPad sideways to view what I now see as
a much larger and clearer image.
If I get a setup that allows me to pivot the screen and a graphics adaptor
that supports that, I enjoy working and viewing portrait-format images at a
much larger scale.

K.

2009/8/13 Sue Pearce <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>

> I'm hardly Dr. Monitor, I'm note even Nurse Monitor, but here goes.
>
> I have a LaCie 321 monitor, that replaced my wonderful Sony Trinitron when
> it was no longer able to be profiled. I've been very happy with the LaCie,
> as I should be at the price. I got it after reading one of the Smartshooter
> tests.
>
> I continue to be able to profile it after several years of use. My prints
> continue to match the display well.
>
> I'm continually on the net that it is the same as some other brand, and
> that
> I foolishly paid too much. Was Will Crockett steering me wrong? I don't
> know. Is this monitor EXACTLY the same as another except for the name
> silkscreened on the front? Can anyone say that it is EXACTLY the same? That
> is a stretch.
>
> It does rotate, a feature that I have found a pain with little advantage.
> It
> does require a video card with that feature. As for the separate
> adjustment,
> if it has it I don't use it.
>
> BIll Pearce
>
> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people” - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney