Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists

Subject: Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists
From: khen lim <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:56:09 +0800
2009/8/13 C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> The link for panel search is interesting, my EIZO has a Samsung PVA (I knew
> it has a Samsung panel before), the key is not only the panel, it is the
> whole circuit count. I'm not very critical on monitor requirement, as long
> as all color gamma are accurate and I can resolve all 255 grey block that
> is
> ok (I'm still missing the darkest 2-3).

That's the thing with Gamma, CH. I really need to know more about this and
how to set it up on the display. Problem is most of the displays in the
market do not carry such information and those that do tend to be very
costly.

> On the other hand the panel do account for the contrast ratio, my EIZO
> claimed 1000:1 and I measured it to be around 510:1, to my eyes the dark is
> deep enough and the bright can hurt.

How did you figure out that the contrast ratio wasn't 1000:1 but 510:1??

K.

>  There are sharpness adjustment on some monitors, my EIZO does not have one
> but my Samsung is over sharpened by default so I have to set it to neutral.
> The Apple monitor you have seen may be adjusted to a high sharpen level due
> to someone's preference.
>
> C.H.Ling

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people” - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney