Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists

Subject: Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:14:33 +0200
Time to add my two penneth worth, for windows users why not download and
use windows 7, it's still available until end of August and by the time
the license expires it will be on sale, I am hoping they are sensible to
allow an update and entry of a license key to make it valid but as its
microsuft there is little chance, still keep a note and copies of
everything you install and you should be good to go, you will have to do
a fresh install  when you upgrade from xp anyway.  I have been using
windows 7 on a sony laptop and in a few virtual machines also we have
quite a few developers using it in virtual box at work without any major
issues.

as for monitors, I love the colours of my dell 2408 but it was very
difficult to get them  right and also the sharpness setting means you
can never get it adjusted so text looks fully sharp  which is why I
can't recommend it, I agree with the rotation function on monitors being
pointless except when you set it up like me I have a 24" dell as main
and a HP 20" (not widescreen) permanently rotated so that I can see the
pictures in portrait mode on that and landscape on the dell.