Re: [OM] Oh what fun....

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh what fun....
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:13:13 -0500

> Here we have "Kansas One Call" that flags things like fiber and gas lines
> and other things that are tasty to backhoes.

Yes, we also have a "One Call" state-wide number too.  The power-pole
situation was handled mostly properly, it's just that the guy running the
auger got too close to our conduit.  Had he been two inches farther over
he'd been fine.  The ditch clearing project was a clear violation of the
law.  Unfortunately, over time buried cables will "float" closer to the
surface by the same action that causes rocks to appear in a farm field.

The mower incident?  Well, I'm reminded of the principle that 50% of the
population is dumber than average.

AG