Re: [OM] To OM2000 or not to OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] To OM2000 or not to OM2000
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:56:31 -0400
 From 10 years back:

Chuck Norcutt

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:09:01 +0100
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 -- impressions

Joel wrote:
 >... this winder lever configuration makes the camera really problematic
 >for left-eyed shooters, and if you're one of those, I'd just say forget
 >this camera.  But even for right-eyed shooters, I find the winder
lever >a nuisance for verticals because the lever bumps the forehead...

Hello Joel,
 >From Frank van Lindert's posting some time ago, you don't have to put
up with this winder problem. In case you missed it I'll copy it below
from my 'archives'

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx

"I made the modification needed to have the shutter being no longer
blocked by the winder switch in rest position. I have never made any
modification this easy, and what is more important it is completely
reversible. You only need to dissemble the winder switch (by unscrewing
the tiny Phillips screw on the underneath of the handle) and taking
temporarily away the next three parts sitting around its axis. Then the
blocking ring is visible on top and the only thing I did was turn it
upside down, making sure that the little protuberance in the ring which
would normally shift under the shutter points to the back rather than to
the front (maybe I should say to eight o’clock instead of ten o’clock).
After that you can reassemble the winder switch exactly as it was
before. The little protuberance now lies almost exactly under the winder
handle. All it took was exactly three minutes... and now the OM2000 is
free of the annoying Nikon inherited eye-threatener. And it still has
twelve months of warranty - I didn’t even have to open the camera
body." (Frank van Lindert)