Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists

Subject: Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 07:14:00 -0400
On 32 bit Windows *application* memory is only addressable to 2GB.
However, the operating system is capable of addressing more through the
use of Intel's Physical Address Extensions (PAE).  On XP the limit is
4GB but on 32 bit Windows servers it may be as large as 32GB.

Adding memory greater than 2GB allows the operating system to use the
additional memory so that it's not in competition with the application
for the same space.
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778%28VS.85%29.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_xp>

Chuck Norcutt