Re: [OM] Scanner question

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanner question
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:49:29 +0200
Bill,

The V700/V750 is dodgy for 35mm (in terms of making prints) but it's
great
for your intended use - 6x17cm (which I use a lot) and 4x5.

Don't bother with the V750 - get the V700 and get a third-party metal
film holder kit. Both scanners need to be fiddled with to get sharp
images,
in terms of adjusting film holder height manually with stupid plastic
clips.
Both scanners have the same optics, and I've never seen substantial
evidence
of the V750's "improved ant-halation layer" to the glass, both have some
halation to some degree. Nothing to worry about in a typical image.

But generally, the results are very very good, I am pleased indeed.

If you look at my gallery:
http://philosomatographer.deviantart.com/gallery/

All the colour images of the last year were scanned with a V700. With
VueScan, I get
very rich 16bit files which can suffer a great deal of adjustment.