Re: [OM] You know you need therapy when...

Subject: Re: [OM] You know you need therapy when...
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 21:44:09 -0400
>> http://www.rbt-3d.de/upload/bilder/S3_silber_vorne.jpg

> IT has the look of something custom constructed from two separate
> bodies.  Is that correct?

Yes, it is constructed by joining two Zeiss Ikon cameras.  Here is a picture
of the 2D camera (this one is black - Zeiss Ikon is produced in either black
or silver):
http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B58B9?Open

> That's interesting, in the image of the camera the reflections in each
> lens
> are a different colour - why is that ?

I believe this is due to a slight difference in the coatings of the lenses.
These lenses are just regular lenses.  They are linked but they can be
un-linked and removed from the camera body.  I have seen such differences in
other stereo cameras (where the lenses are part of the camera and cannot be
removed).  It usually worries people but there is no difference in the
pictures due to this.

George