Re: [OM] Fw: You won this item on eBay: Olympus OM quartz remote

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: You won this item on eBay: Olympus OM quartz remote
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:31:03 +0200
On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:10:57 +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

>Look, the way I read his e-mail was that he bought something that he
>was not even sure if he was going to use (I am talking about the
>initial e-mail). In another message I recall him saying that he has
>been so busy buying on ebay that he had no time for
>photography...what's wrong with this picture?

This is commonly called the Collecting Disease, Nathan. Dr. T is
starting to suffer from a serious but relatively harmless addiction. I
know what I am talking about, because I have been an OM Collector for
more than 25 years.
But two years ago, when I had to move house to a smaller apartment, I
worked the 12 steps program and now I have only about 40 items left.
Yes, you could say I am a social OM collector now.

I did own also own the quartz remote, and even the accessory Program
Timer TM-2 to increase the interval between pictures to over a week.
I must admit that I never used the latter... which characterizes ther
serious illness I have suffered from for decades. Collecting OM.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.