Re: [OM] Light Technique Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Light Technique Question
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 08:53:41 -0400
Ken,

Thanks for your suggestions. What you describe is very close to what I am
already doing, though I do it with one light most of the time.

The reason I am looking at FP mode is that I am trying to use f2/f2.8 in a
relatively bright environment which is taking my shutter speed above the
sync speed. My testing was done with an Omnibounce on the flash as a
modifier and gave me close to the intended result just a bit flat looking.
What I am really trying to determine is if it worth buying an FL50r to take
the flash off axis and if it will trigger ok when used with a softbox (which
would depending on how I mount it affect how much of the front of the flash
is accessible). Also does anyone know if I can use an FL50r or an FL36r to
trigger the group or am I stuck using the pop up on the E-3?

If it doesn't work I shall keep on doing it the way that has worked before I
am just trying to give myself another option this year.

Dan S.