[OM] Thank you, Clay!

Subject: [OM] Thank you, Clay!
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 18:53:25 +0200
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that Clay's "OM gear looking for a new
home" has arrived today. I have not
had any chance to play with it much yet, will do so tonight (and once
I get batteries for the flash equipment)
but I just wanted to publically again thank Clay, this is such a
wonderful stash of gear, I am going to have endless
fun with it.

Of the two OM-2n cameras, one is absolutely mint, a real jewel. I
popped some new Energizer 357 batteries
into it, and it's working like a charm. Beautiful... Just as pretty as
an OM-1, and silky smooth.

Of the flashes, especially the T8 ring flash is in pristine condition,
what a beautiful piece
of equipment (those aluminium reflectors... this is such a well-made
piece, looking forward to seeing
what it can do). It fits nicely onto the 90/2. The T28 twin flash
somehow feels a bit less well made, but
ultimately the flexibility of lighting options will win out, I think.

And then there is the 20/3.5 RMS-mount Macro lens. Unbelievably tiny!
But it's the most solid-feeling lens
I've ever handled, it feels like it's precision-machined from a solid
block of copper. Peering at stuff through
the bellows at 13x magnification reveals an unbelievably crisp image,
I am looking forward to taking some photos
with it.

Clay, wow, you have made my year - it will take me a long time to
extract the best from this amazing lot of
equipment, and I cannot thank your generosity enough. I will share my
progress and experiences with the list.

You are a wonderful human being.