Re: [OM] Another sunset sky from Colorado

Subject: Re: [OM] Another sunset sky from Colorado
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:21:24 -0500

>    Had two days at the sand dunes a few years ago. Passed by there two
> weeks ago on the way to visit relatives at Pagosa Springs. Next time I am in
> the States I MUST try to spend more time at the Dunes. Just returned from
> Casper, a few days to recover and then on to Fort Collins for a couple of
> days before we fly out from Colorado Springs.

We stayed one night at what used to be the Best Western in Pagosa Springs
and attended church the next morning.  Neat town if you can stand the odor
of the water.

We spent four nights at the Dunes. In reality, I could have handled one more
night.  It's interesting in that to the casual visitor, you arrive, climb
some sand, camp overnight and be gone the next morning by 0700 to be on your
way to the next national park.  To really maximize a visit there, you need
no less than three days and that's JUST to photograph--not to relax.

AG